For every lacrosse player on a budget, finding quality gear at an affordable price can be challenging.
However, with the proper research and creative shopping tactics, you can get that top-notch equipment without breaking the bank.
Whether you're just starting or want to upgrade your current stick setup, we have the knowledge and resources to help in this best cheap lacrosse heads guide for 2023.
With advancements in technology and manufacturing, many options on the market offer high-performance features at low price points – so read on to learn what makes these pocket-friendly sticks stand out from the rest.
Take Away Key Points:
Table of Contents
- Best cheap lacrosse heads: Top 5 picks
- #1. Warrior Evo 5 Unstrung Lacrosse Head - Best Pick
- #2. Regulator Max Warp Pro Head - Runner Up
- #3. Epoch Women's Purpose Lacrosse Stick Heads - Best Women's Lacrosse Head
- #4. STX Lacrosse Duel II Unstrung Head - Best Quality Lacrosse Head
- #5. STX Surgeon 900 Unstrung Head - Best for Offense and Defense Play
- What should you look for in a cheap lacrosse head?
- How to pick a good lacrosse head on a budget?
- Final Words
Best cheap lacrosse heads: Top 5 picks
1. Warrior Evo 5 Unstrung Lacrosse Head - An excellent choice for intermediate to advanced players. The lacrosse head is designed to optimize power, accuracy, and easier ground ball scooping while maintaining its increased stiffness and durability.
2. Regulator Max Warp Pro Head - An excellent option for those looking to maximize their game! Featuring inner lock technology, it has been engineered to increase ball retention during checks while decreasing overall ball spin off the head.
3. Epoch Women's Purpose Lacrosse Stick Heads - Delivers increased ball control, perfect scoop, power, and accuracy thanks to its symmetrical design and durable head with a mid-high pocket.
4. STX Lacrosse Duel II Unstrung Head - Great for defensive players due to its wide face shape, which helps reduce ball spin off the lacrosse head during checks.
5. STX Surgeon 900 Unstrung Head - Offers an unstrung design allowing customizable strings and two offset options for added versatility. It also has a tighter face shape and a mid-high pocket.
The Warrior Evo 5 Unstrung Lacrosse Head is an excellent choice for serious lacrosse players. Its lightweight design and durable construction make it an ideal option for those wanting to up their game.
The lacrosse head has an aerodynamic shape that helps deliver high-velocity throws and shots, while the pre-drilled holes give you more options when stringing the stick.
The offset provides additional ball control, enabling your shots to stay on target even under heavy pressure from defenders.
The Warrior Evo 5 Unstrung Lacrosse Head offers great value for money. It comes with various color options to customize your look and feel.
The lacrosse head also features a scoop angle designed to increase accuracy, making it easier to hit targets quickly and accurately. In addition, this best lacrosse head is highly reliable and built to last.
On the downside, some users have reported that the strings supplied with the new lacrosse head are not as good quality as they should be; however, this is easily corrected by purchasing higher-quality replacement parts elsewhere.
- Lightweight design and durable construction
- Aerodynamic shape helps deliver high-velocity throws and shots
- Pre-drilled holes provide more options when stringing the stick
- Offset provides additional ball control
- Variety of color options for customization
- Poor quality strings
The Regulator Max Warp Pro Lacrosse Head is an excellent choice for serious lacrosse players looking to upgrade their equipment. Built with a lightweight design and durable construction, this stiff head offers reliable performance that can withstand regular use on the field.
The pre-drilled holes allow for easier stringing, and the offset helps increase ball control during difficult shots. In addition, the offset provides additional ball control and accuracy, enabling your shots to stay on target even under heavy pressure from defenders.
The Regulator Max Warp Pro Head also features a range of customization options, allowing you to tailor your stick's look and feel to your individual preference.
On the other hand, some users have reported that the strings supplied with this head are not as good quality.
In conclusion, if you're looking for a high-performance lacrosse lightweight head at an affordable price point, then the Regulator Max Warp Pro Head is worth checking out! You'll get reliable performance along with additional customizability options so you can tailor your new lacrosse stick to your specific playing style and aesthetics.
- Lightweight design and durable construction
- Pre-drilled holes for easier stringing
- Stiff construction for enhanced control and a perfect scoop of ground balls
- Offset to increase ball control and accuracy
- Range of customization options
- Poor quality strings supplied with the head.
The Epoch Women's Purpose Pro Mesh Strung Lacrosse Head is a great option for female lacrosse players looking for a high-performance head. This lightweight design provides better maneuverability on the field, and its durable construction ensures it will last for many seasons. Additionally, the pre-strung attack lacrosse head means you can quickly get back into the game without worrying about stringing it yourself.
The attack women's lacrosse head features offset technology which helps increase ball control during difficult shots in every position.
Additionally, there have been some reports of minor cracking in specific areas; however, this issue seems to be related only to older models rather than newer ones.
Overall, if you're looking for an excellent performing lacrosse head for women, the Epoch Women's Purpose Pro Mesh Strung Lacrosse Stick Head is worth considering!
With its lightweight design, durable construction, and extensive customizability options ensuring long-lasting performance, this head provides outstanding value for money!
- Lightweight design and durable construction
- Pre-strung head for easy assembly
- Stiff construction
- Offset technology provides additional ball control and accuracy
- A variety of customization options are available
- Reports of minor cracking in certain areas on older models.
The STX Lacrosse Duel II Unstrung Head is an excellent option for serious lacrosse players looking to upgrade their equipment.
Its unstrung design means you can string it to your personal preference, and its increased offset provides additional ball control and accuracy to help keep your shots on target.
Its main downside is that it doesn't include any strings; however, this issue can be easily remedied by purchasing them separately. Additionally, some users have reported that the screws supplied with this head are not of the best quality; however, this is not a major issue as they can be easily replaced if necessary.
The STX Faceoff X lacrosse head is designed for the elite face-off player. Its Speed Scoop technology enhances groundball play at the 'X' and provides improved maneuverability on the field during its player-preferred face-off movements.
Overall, the STX Lacrosse Duel II Unstrung Head is a great choice for those seeking a high-quality, affordable lacrosse head! With its unstrung design and offset providing improved ball control and accuracy, this head offers excellent value for money!
- Unstrung design allows for customized stringing
- Increased offset provides greater ball control and accuracy
- Speed Scoop technology enhances groundball play
- Flex zones offer optimal face-off movements
- Does not come with strings included
- Some users have
The STX Surgeon 900 Unstrung Head is a great choice for any intermediate or advanced lacrosse player looking to take their game to the next level.
The STX Surgeon lacrosse head is crafted for the elite offensive player. Its super lightweight design and ergonomic throat give players speed and enhanced control, while its EnduraForm proprietary material improves toughness and enhances the feel. In addition, this head is made from durable plastic and provides excellent ball control, making it ideal for both offensive and defensive play.
With its new Speed Scoop, it's easier to scoop ground balls regardless of the angle of attack, and its InnerLock technology makes stringing to the inside rail easy, narrowing the channel for increased hold.
Overall, this is an excellent head for those looking to elevate their game and take their offensive performance to the next level with attack lacrosse heads.
The only downside is that strings are not included with this product but can be purchased separately if needed.
Overall, the STX Surgeon 900 Unstrung Head is an outstanding choice for those looking for a high-performance lacrosse head at an affordable price!
- Super lightweight design
- EnduraForm technology
- A tight face shape offers better ball control for ground balls
- Includes a built-in handle that can reduce head rattle
- Speed Scoop makes scooping ground balls easier
- InnerLock technology
- Quality sidewall holes
- Tighter face shape
- Strings are not included in the purchase.
What should you look for in a cheap lacrosse head?
When looking for a cheap lacrosse head, the most important factor to consider is the quality of play.
You want to make sure that your lacrosse head can withstand the rigors of intense competition and extreme temperatures and still perform at its best. Look for features such as a stiff scoop, reinforced sidewall holes, and a wide face shape allowing more control over passes and shots.
Make sure you look for a lightweight design, too—it will help reduce fatigue during play.
Additionally, consider how easy it is to string the head—you want it to be customizable so you can get your ideal level of tension, and different shapes can help you do this.
Finally, look for lacrosse heads with a solid warranty that provides protection should anything go wrong.
How to pick a good lacrosse head on a budget?
Picking a good lacrosse head on a budget doesn't have to be complicated. Firstly, research different models and compare them on price, features, and quality.
Here is what you need to consider:
1. Shape of the head
When choosing a lacrosse head, the shape of the head is incredibly important.
The tight face shape determines how much control you have overpasses and shots and how accurate those passes and shots can be. It also offers improved ball control when picking up a ground ball.
The tight face shape of the lacrosse head is excellent for attack midfield and offensive players as well!
A wide face shape will provide more surface area, while a narrow face shape will make it difficult to generate power behind shots or passes.
Make sure you look at the sidewall holes structure and the dual strut sidewall, too—this affects the accuracy of the shot and pass.
Finally, consider the stick stringing pattern; this will affect how tight or loose you can make your strings for more control of the ball.
2. Weight of the head
The weight of the lacrosse head is an important factor to consider when selecting a good head on a budget.
Heavier lacrosse heads offer strength and durability, but they can also be more tiring to use. Lighter lacrosse heads are easier to control but might not be as stout or reliable as heavier models.
A happy medium between weight and durability is ideal; look for lacrosse heads that are light enough for quick action yet sturdy enough to stand up to game wear and tear.
Pay close attention to the materials used; some are lighter than others yet still provide consistent performance.
3. Stringing holes
The stringing holes of a lacrosse head are essential for achieving the desired performance.
A wide range of stringing patterns is available, affecting how tightly or loosely you can make your strings. A tight face shape with tight strings provides more control, especially for an attack midfield player, while loose strings offer more power. Finding the right balance between generating power in shots and having a tight control on passes is decisive.
Additionally, the shape and size of the holes will determine what type of strings can be used, so be mindful when choosing a head with the perfect pockets for your preference.
It's also worth mentioning that most lacrosse heads are pre-drilled with specific lanes to facilitate certain stringing patterns, so keep an eye out for those if you already know what kind of strings you want.
- New Tilt-Tech String Hold Design Improves Pocket Tension For An Improved Ball Release
- Bottom Rail Designed For Mid To Low Pocket Placement For Ball Control And Quick Release
- Sym-Rail Eliminates Excess Weight And Provides Improved Stiffness
In conclusion, the best cheap lacrosse heads can be an excellent option for those just starting out or on a budget. While certain features may not be as advanced as more expensive models, lower-end best lacrosse heads often offer great value for money and the ability to learn the basics of the sport.
Whether you're a beginner or an experienced player, it pays to shop around for the best deals on lacrosse heads!