Gloves are an essential piece of equipment for every lacrosse player!
Equipping yourself with the right size lacrosse gloves and adequate apparel is essential for optimal performance on the field.
After all, no matter how talented a player you may be, wearing loose and uncomfortable gloves can hinder your ability to throw and make those explosive plays.
From ensuring that you have enough grip and flexibility to finding improved shock absorption for protection – wearing proper sizing of lacrosse gloves makes all the difference in getting the most out of your game.
If you're left wondering how to size lacrosse gloves and what best fits your fingers, weight, and entry level, don't panic - our 2023 guide will walk you through everything there is to know about sizing up your lacrosse gloves market!
Take Away Key Points:
Lacrosse gloves size chart
Lacrosse equipment gloves come in various sizes, and knowing which size is right for you is important. To help you make the best choice, here's a helpful guide to the multiple sizes available for lacrosse gloves.
When choosing a size for your lacrosse gloves, you must consider both your hand length and the age range of the gloves you're interested in. Depending on your hand size, weight, and height, there are five sizes available for lacrosse gloves: extra small (XS), small/medium (S/M), medium (MD), large (LG), and extra large (XL).
If you're between the ages of 5 - 7, an XS glove with a hand length of 6 inches is suitable for you. Meanwhile, if your age is 8 - 10, an S/M glove with a hand length of 6.5 inches is the best fit. For other players aged 11 and above, a medium (MD) sized glove with a hand length of 7 inches is recommended.
For bigger adult players weighing 130 - 180 lbs and measuring between 60 - 65 inches in height, an LG-size glove with 7.5-inch hands will provide the most comfort and reliable protection. Lastly, an XL-size glove with a hand length of 7.75 inches or more is recommended for adult players 16 and above who weigh 190 lbs or more and measure 66 inches in height or taller.
If you pick gloves that are too small in sizing, don't even think about throwing them away! There is always a chance they will break in and fit you much better. However, for your safety and comfort, suggest them to a fellow youth-level player!
Sizing lacrosse gloves according to league
1. Youth level
Finding the best lacrosse glove equipment for the youth players level requires attention to detail and an understanding of size and protection.
Here are some tips to help you find the perfect pair of lacrosse gloves and avoid a tighter fit for discomfort:
- Size: For youth players, gloves should range from 6" - 8" in length. This ensures a proper fit and allows them to catch and pass easily.
- Protection: Young lacrosse players need to wear protective equipment that is both lightweight and durable. Look for lacrosse gloves with reinforced palms and high-quality foam padding.
- Ventilation: Opt for lacrosse gloves with air vents or breathable fabric to keep your hands and palm cool during playtime while offering mobility!
2. Intermediate/College level
Finding a pair of lacrosse gloves that offers protection and comfort for intermediate or college-level players requires knowing precisely what to look for.
Here are some tips to help you select the perfect pair of lacrosse gloves:
- Size: For this level, gloves should range from 7" - 10" in length. This allows players more control when handling the ball and increases protection against impacts.
- Protection: Look for lacrosse gloves with reinforced palms, fully adjustable wrist closure, and high-quality foam padding. The pads will provide superior impact protection during intense gameplay.
- Grip: Select lacrosse gloves with textured palm materials that always ensure a secure grip. However, you need to have enough padding in the gloves. The quality glove pads are essential for quick passes and shots on goal during intense matches, as well as having firm control of the lacrosse stick.
3. Advanced level
When looking for lacrosse gloves equipment as an advanced player, it is crucial to look for a pair that provides superior comfort, protection, and maneuverability.
Here are some tips to help you find the perfect pair of lacrosse gloves on the market:
- Size: For this level, gloves should range from 10" - 12" in length. This allows players ample wrist flexibility while handling the ball and making fast passes.
- Protection: Look for lacrosse gloves with reinforced palms, adjustable cuff closures, and air vents/ breathable fabric. These features protect your hands from high-velocity shots and impacts during intense play.
- Grip: Select lacrosse gloves with textured palm material that ensures maximum control when handling the ball during plays. It's also a good idea for most players to opt for a soft mesh lining. The mesh lining is vital to protect your palm and keep it moisture-free. For this reason, always remember the materials you are optioning from your manufacturer. This is essential for quick passes and shots on goal!
How do I know my size in gloves?
To accurately determine your size in lacrosse gloves, measuring the circumference around your palm, just below your knuckles, is best.
To get the most accurate measurement, measure both hands and use the larger measurements. To ensure a comfortable fit, add one-half to one inch (1/2 - 1") to this measurement when selecting your glove size.
How do you put on lacrosse gloves?
Putting on lacrosse gloves is easy once you know the proper steps. Follow these steps to ensure you get the best fit and protection:
- Adjust the straps around your wrists to ensure that the gloves are not too tight or too loose.
- Put your hand in and adjust the fingers, so they fit smoothly.
- Secure the adjustable closure at your wrist for a secure and comfortable fit. Make sure no extra material can interfere with your dexterity when passing or catching the ball during intense plays.
- Wait and allow them time to break in if they keep getting jammed!
- If necessary, use a cloth or tissue to help slide your hands into position securely before tightening the straps and securing them with Velcro closures.
How to make lacrosse gloves smaller?
To make lacrosse gloves smaller, adjust the straps on the back of your hand and wrist to create a snug fit.
Start by loosening the wrist closure and backhand straps simultaneously, then switch to one-by-one adjustments for a better fit.
It's also important to ensure that no extra mesh material can interfere with your dexterity when passing or catching the ball during intense plays.
How to lace up lacrosse gloves?
To lace up your lacrosse gloves, thread the laces through the eyelets on either side of the wrist closure.
Start at the bottom and work your way up, crossing the laces over each other as you go. Once you reach the top, tie a secure knot and pull both ends of the laces in opposite directions to ensure they are tight enough that they won't come undone during play.
In conclusion, knowing how to size lacrosse gloves is relevant when playing the sport.
Taking time to adjust the straps, laces, and mesh, as well as using Velcro closures to secure them in place, will ensure a comfortable fit that won't interfere with your gameplay.
With this knowledge and the right pair of gloves, you can be sure that you are ready for any on-field action.