Are you ready to laugh out loud?
Whether you're an avid lacrosse fan or just looking for some light-hearted laughs, these quotes from professional players and coaches alike will have you in stitches.
From witty observations about the sport to humorous quips about the game, these funny lacrosse quotes & inspirational lacrosse quotes are the perfect way to add extra levity during practice or games.
Take Away Key Points:
Table of Contents
- Top 10 Favorite Lacrosse Quotes
- Funny Lacrosse Quotes
- Motivational Quotes About Lacrosse
- Famous Lacrosse Players, Coaches & Others on Lacrosse
Top 10 Favorite Lacrosse Quotes
Playing lacrosse requires hard work, focus, and dedication, not just chasing after the lacrosse ball. These top 10 favorite lacrosse quotes help to keep players motivated on their journey to success.
They remind us of the importance of having a strong heart and dedication to the game. From inspiring words about mastering skills to messages that emphasize strength through sportsmanship, these powerful quotes will inspire any lacrosse player to reach their goals!
1. "If I had to go to war again, I'd bring lacrosse players." — Conn Smythe
2. "Lacrosse goals are lacrosse dreams with deadlines." — Felicity Luckey
3. "There are guys who play lacrosse, and there are lacrosse players." — Brendan Mundorf
4. "In another 10 years, lacrosse will be what everybody's kids are playing." — Gary Husmann
5. "There are two times of the year that stir the blood. In the fall, for the hunt, and now for Lacrosse." - Oren Lyons.
6. "Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference between lacrosse success and lacrosse failure." — Felicity Luckey
7. If you train hard, you'll not only be hard, you'll be hard to beat. – Herschel Walker
8. "It's a family; lacrosse is not like any other sport; it's more of a way of life." — Adam Gardner
9. There are great challenges that ordinary men like you and me are forced to meet." - William Halsey.
10. "Rookies play until they get it right, and Champions play until they can't get it wrong." — unknown
Funny Lacrosse Quotes
Feel like you need a little pick-me-up while playing Lacrosse? Then, check out these funny lacrosse quotes! From witty jabs at the sport to comical quips about the rules, these funny phrases are sure to brighten your day.
"Lacrosse is not for the faint of heart," said hall-of-fame coach John Madden.
"I thought Lacrosse was what you find in la church"– Robin Williams
"Lacrosse is like chess on steroids!" – Jake Steinfeld
"It's not just a game; it's an art form." – Brian Burke
"Before playing, you have to think twice and then play just once." – Bill Tierney
"Lacrosse taught me how to win, but more importantly, it taught me how to lose with grace." – Legendary lacrosse player Paul Rabil
"Lacrosse is like chess, but outdoors and with helmets," said four-time All-American Chris Rotelli.
"If you want to play lacrosse - don't just be tough as nails - think like one too!"– Lily Chin
"If you want to run around hitting people without consequence, convert to rugby," - added US Lacrosse Hall of Famer Steve Stenersen.
"Hurling looks a bit like a cross between lacrosse and second-degree murder." - David Feherty
"Sometimes I think it would be easier just to quit lacrosse and become a farmer," quipped Philadelphia Barrage player Drew Adams.
"A great day in lacrosse is when everyone leaves laughing and smiling." - Mark Bloxham, 3x all-conference player.
"In lacrosse, it's not about who has the strongest arms, but who has the strongest heart." – Hunter Burgan
"No one ever said playing Lacrosse was easy. But that's why it's so much fun!" - Kerry L. Wright, Hall of Fame coach.
"I don't consider Lacrosse a sport. To me, that's just a frat activity that got out of hand." — Judah Friedlander
"If they don't play lacrosse in heaven, I'm not going." — unknown
"Of course, the downside of attending a fictional school is that our lacrosse team sucks." — Ally Carter
"If you can't handle Lacrosse, then go play Baseball" - Unknown
"Lacrosse goalies are the kind of people that make health insurance popular." — unknown
"Lacrosse is like one of those diseases that comes through the family and infects everybody. It caught every one of us." — Ted Wolford
"Lacrosse is what men play during the boys' baseball season." - Unknown
"I played street hockey in Riverside Park when I was a kid. I played goalie. I didn't make the hockey team in college, so I played Lacrosse instead." — John Katzman
Motivational Quotes About Lacrosse
If you're looking for motivation, then these quotes about Lacrosse are sure to get you inspired. Whether pre-game jitters or post-game blues, a few words of encouragement can be just what you need to stay motivated and keep playing your best.
1. "Don't get caught up in the result but rather focus on the journey; lacrosse is a lifelong commitment." – Aaron Jones
2. "Lacrosse isn't a game - it's an adventure." – Tom Kirkland
3. "If you want to be the best at something, practice until it hurts. Then practice some more." – Rachel McMahon
4. "It doesn't matter how many times you fall; what matters is how many times you get back up."― Lily Smith
5. "In order to win at lacrosse, you have to believe in yourself no matter what."― Casey Taylor
6. "Give 100% in practice every day because that's where champions are made," advised Team USA alum Katie Chrest.
7. "If it doesn't challenge you, it won't change you." - Dave Urick, Head Coach at Georgetown University.
8. "It's not who has the most talent in lacrosse, it's who puts in the most effort." - Billy Donovan, Olympic gold medalist.
9. "The best time to play lacrosse is when you don't have to worry about who's watching," - Unknown.
10. "The only way to be successful in lacrosse is to give it your all every time you take the field." – Jasmine Baker
11. "Don't put limits on what you can achieve through hard work, discipline, and good old-fashioned sportsmanship." – Jonathan Parker
12. "Challenge yourself to be better every single day. That's the only way you'll reach success in Lacrosse!" – Melissa Burke
13. "Lacrosse is 90 percent mental and 10 percent physical." - Paul Rabil
14. "If your stick ain't broke, don't fix it!" – Jim Brown
15. "The key to success in lacrosse is playing as though you've got nothing to lose." - Paul Rabil
16. "Anyone can pick up a stick, but few can truly master it." - Unknown
17. "Lacrosse is fast-paced, and I like fast-paced games. It's demanding physically and has the hardest conditioning of any sport. You are always running if you are not sprinting. It's constant movement." — Aaron Gray
18. "It is a fact that, in the right formation, the lifting power of many wings can achieve twice the distance of any bird flying alone." — unknown
19. "Lacrosse is also played by girls, and we haven't headed down that road yet, but we certainly wouldn't turn away if there were interest. We just got things going with the boys' teams. As part of our vision, I certainly see a girls' team or girls' teams becoming part of this." — Andy Shoop
20. "Being a part of the finesse and physicality of box lacrosse has been a great experience for me. I feel that I have learned and improved as an overall lacrosse player. Learning to adapt in tight space while reading defenders and offensive players has been the biggest improvement in my game." — Paul Rabil
21. "Without self-discipline, success is impossible, period." — Lou Holtz
22. "It takes discipline, bravery, and strength to reach success in the fast-paced world of Lacrosse!" – Matt Danowski
23. "If you don't practice, you don't deserve to win in lacrosse or any other sport." - Mia Hamm
24. "Lacrosse isn't just a team sport but one that takes endurance and mental toughness from each player." – Gary Gait
25. "In lacrosse, a determination can take you further than your natural skills." - Grant Catalino
26. "Reach for the stars in everything that you do and never give up on yourself in lacrosse or anything else—you are capable of anything!" – Jordan Wolf
27. "Lacrosse is a game of skill, grace, and opportunity; seize it!" – Rob Pannell
28. "Those who dare to play lacrosse without fear will succeed." – Joe Walters
29. "If you knew you couldn't play tomorrow, how hard would you play today?" - Geoff Watts
30. "No matter the odds, if you want it bad enough, you can make it happen in lacrosse." – Paul Rabil
Famous Lacrosse Players, Coaches & Others on Lacrosse
Lacrosse has seen many inspiring players over the years. Here are some famous lacrosse players and their quotes.
1. Rob Pannell
"Lacrosse players aren't tough; they just respawn faster than other athletes,"
"It's not just about talent – success in lacrosse requires commitment, dedication, and hard work."
"If you want to succeed in lacrosse, you must learn from your mistakes and move on quickly."
"Be resilient—you will experience failure at times; use it to become a better player in lacrosse."
The only way to improve Lacrosse is through practice and repetition."
"Respect the game and your opponents—lacrosse will reward you for it."
"You can't control everything that happens in lacrosse; focus on what you can control."
2. Joe Walters
"Those who dare to play lacrosse without fear will succeed."
The harder you work in Lacrosse, the luckier you'll become."
"You can't control the weather or other players in lacrosse, but you can always control how hard you try."
"No matter how tough it gets, don't give up on your goals in lacrosse—persevere and keep playing."
"Take risks and push yourself outside of your comfort zone to become successful in lacrosse."
"Perform with passion—it's what makes the game of lacrosse so special."
"Don't be afraid to make mistakes—learn from them and use that knowledge to make better decisions in lacrosse."
3. Paul Rabil
"No matter the odds, if you want it bad enough, you can make it happen in lacrosse."
"Being a part of the finesse and physicality of box lacrosse has been a great experience for me. I feel that I have learned and improved as an overall lacrosse player. Learning to adapt in tight space while reading defenders and offensive players has been the biggest improvement in my game."
4. Michael Powell
"People are always going to criticize your game. Initially, the number will help you get on the field a little bit more. People are going to notice you – it brings a lot of exposure. He'll have a target on his chest, making him a better player. But Lacrosse is Lacrosse. It doesn't matter what number you are wearing on your chest."
5. Bill Tierney
"If I were US Lacrosse, I wouldn't let any kids play the field until they were 10 or 12.
In Lacrosse, you fear not for yourself but for the one who feels he will triumph over you. I believe that box lacrosse gives young people many more opportunities to excel in our game.
He brings the offensive game of Lacrosse to a more cerebral level.
Until box lacrosse grows in the United States, it'll continue to be this way.
I believe that box lacrosse gives young people many more opportunities to excel in our game. If I had my choice, I would have every player under the age of twelve play box lacrosse exclusively or at least most of the time. The number of touches of the ball and the ability to develop better stick skills in a game of box lacrosse far surpasses what happens to young people on a 110 x 60-yard field.
Learning how to pass and catch in traffic, understanding how to shoot, and developing a sense of physicality are all positive traits developed by the box game."
6. Dana Czapnik saying about Lacrosse
The goalie. Lacrosse's unsung hero. Keeper of the net. Last line of defense. A player whose contribution never shows up on the scoreboard at the end of a game but whose efforts may have determined the outcome. They say there is a personality-a "type"- that tends to choose the same position on the field.
Attackers like the limelight. Defenders crave the physicality—midfielders like a sampling of both. And goalies only function with the weight of the world on their shoulders. After all, goalies are people who voluntarily put themselves in the line of fire. And the good ones never flinch.
7. Gary Gait Lacrosse sayings
Twenty years ago, people thought they were fishing nets and all sorts of things when you brought out a lacrosse stick. Now almost everywhere you go, people have heard of it, they've seen it, and they're like, "Oh, that's the sport I saw on TV, or my grandson plays that," and it's changed the face of the game and potential of the future.
We're doing our homework to make sure we're prepared.
8. Jim Brown Lacrosse quotes
I was just a big guy running down with a big, deep pocket and a little short stick, putting it against my chest.
I could fully express myself in Lacrosse.
…you could be the best team or the best player in different generations, and people respect each other. Nobody cares about who was the best.
Lacrosse is probably the best sport I have ever played.
I could run 200 yards at a stretch. I could duck between players. And I felt free to make plays that suited me best. It wasn't like football then and basketball today, where coaches tell you what foot to put down.
There was no publicity. You had to like it. There was no pressure, just great competition. The attitude of the coaches and players was exceptional.
I came from Long Island, so I had a lot of experience at the stick. I played in junior high school. Then I played in high school. The technical aspect of the game was my forte. I had all that experience, then I had the strength, and I was in good condition.
9. Peter Lawrence
One of the biggest benefits of playing box for a young lacrosse player is in the development of lacrosse IQ. Because everyone plays with a short stick (in box lacrosse), you have to focus on being a complete lacrosse player versus specializing as an attackman or d-man. That is how your IQ grows, and your skills improve.
Whether you're looking for motivation to fuel your game or just a laugh, these funny lacrosse quotes have something for everyone.
From Grant Catalino's inspiring words of wisdom to Joe Walters' fun jokes and quips, these quotes provide humor and insight into the world of Lacrosse. But ultimately, it is up to each player to use these quotes as tools in their journey toward success on the field.